Health and Safety
The school's priority remains providing a healthy, safe learning environment for students, faculty, and staff. BT's protocols aim to create an environment with as minimal disruptions to in-person learning as possible.
The COVID-19 Task Force meets on a regular basis to review state, local, and school data trends and provide recommendations specifically for the BT community.
The following criteria are guiding our decision-making related to masking requirements. The data the school is using to measure against these criteria can be found on the Douglas County Health Department’s COVID-19 Dashboard.
Masks are required, regardless of vaccination status, when one or more of the following is true:
- There are 25 positive cases or more per 100,000 people rolling average per day for the previous seven days in Douglas County.
- There is a trending increase in percentage of positive cases in Douglas County, taking into consideration doubling time for new cases in the area.
- There is a trending increase in percentage of positive cases of more than 5% over a two-week period.
- What is the vaccination rate of BT's faculty and staff?
- How are the buildings ventilated?
- How are families notified if someone within the community tests positive?
- Could BT's protocols and procedures change during the school year?
- What should I do if someone in my household develops symptoms?
- What should I do if someone in my household is awaiting the result of a COVID-19 test?