Brownell Talbot College Preparatory School: Every student. Every mind. Every heart. Known. Inspired. Challenged.
A compassionate community of diverse learners empowered and determined to reach their unique potential and positively impact the world.
We value integrity, self-discipline, and each person's inherent dignity. Our community challenges each student to endlessly strive to reach his or her potential through exploration, understanding, and development of the creative, intellectual, physical, spiritual, and social self. Through an appreciation of the United States and its role in the global community, students will become responsible leaders and stewards of their community, country, and world.
By offering a comprehensive, challenging education backed by a thoughtful approach, we will:
- Foster self-awareness and achievement consistent with each student's abilities, interests, and talents.
- Implement a rigorous curriculum that develops critical thinking and decision-making and prepares students for success in a rapidly changing world.
- Promote core ethical values as the foundation of good character based on the School's Points of Pride.
- Instill in students a selfless desire to serve their community.
- Attract and retain outstanding faculty who are passionate about teaching and learning.
- Establish a school community based on mutual respect and appreciation of differences.
Brownell Talbot is accredited through ISACS (Independent Schools Association of the Central States) and AdvancED.
AdvancED was created through a 2006 merger of the Pre-K-12 divisions of the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI)—and expanded through the addition of the Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC) in 2012.