Message from Camp director regarding COVID-19
Dear Campers and Families,
We are so glad you have decided to trust your children to us. Your child’s health and safety are our number one priority. We are committed to helping our campers develop self confidence while fostering friendships and future readiness in a safe, fun, and welcoming environment. Our goal is to enrich the lives of all of our campers by providing opportunities that will challenge and push them to continue their quest for lifelong learning.
We are following all CDC recommended guidelines and have updated our health and safety protocols. Our goal is to give your children a small sense of normalcy while mitigating and managing exposure to COVID-19. We will continue to follow all guidance set forth by the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services and the CDC and will review and revise our procedures, policies, and programming as additional guidance becomes available.
While a full list of our policies and procedures can be found in our Summer Programs Parent Manual, we want to highlight a few. Camp Discovery:
- Conducts daily health screening for staff and children before entering the school.
- Requires cloth face coverings worn by staff and children.
- Prohibits nonessential visitors from entering the school.
- Conducts drop-off and pickup outside the school in a central location.
- Uses smaller camper groups to encourage social distancing with limited mixing between groups and staggered activity schedules.
- Requires frequent handwashing in school and classrooms.
- Conducts intensified and frequent cleaning and disinfecting of all high-touch surfaces, toys, sleep mats, and laundered items.
- Limits outdoor time to one group at a time with back-to-back use of the play area and gym limited.
As always, should state or local guidance change, and we need to cancel or adjust in-person camps, we will refund 100% of the camp costs.
If you have additional questions regarding Camp Discovery’s policies and procedures as they pertain to health and safety, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Director of Extended Care and Summer Programs
402.556.3772 ext 1023