Travel and Events
School-Related Travel (updated 3/16/20)
We are currently suspending school-related travel. We will continue to adjust travel procedures based on future developments.
Personal Travel (updated 3/12/20)
State and local health officials have provided guidance for those who travel. BT is following their recommended guidelines, available for review on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services websites.
The travel advisory list is continually changing, so we encourage all BT families to self-report with the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services. Please take this extra step to help keep all of our students, faculty, staff, and families healthy and safe!
Call the Douglas County Health Department at 402.444.3400
Canceled, Modified, and Postponed Events (updated 5/15/20)
Due to the spread of COVID-19, we have begun canceling several events and field trips. A running list of canceled events may be found below. Because of the pace with which information is changing, we may not have full details of modified or postponed events immediately upon an event’s change in status. We will provide updates as they are available.
All remaining NSAA activity practices and competitions, including district and state competitions, have been cancelled for this school year.
- 5/22: Honors Day, 7:00 pm, Zoom
- 5/22: Last day of school for Upper School
- 5/23: Class of 2020 Celebration and Summer Send-Off Parade
- 6/27: Baccalaureate and Commencement, hold date
- 7/18: Baccalaureate and Commencement, hold date
- 7/29: Senior Trip, modified day trip
- 7/31: Prom, modified in-person event on July 31
- 8/8: Baccalaureate and Commencement, hold date
- Summer camps, currently scheduled, no changes announced
CURRENT STATUS: Campus will remain closed and distance learning will be in place through the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year.