Winter 2020-2021 Athletics and Activities Protocols
Updates (December 4, 2020):
The safety measures and guidelines detailed below are in place to limit potential exposure. When in hybrid distance learning, students are permitted to come to campus for practice on days when they are scheduled for distance learning. If a student is unable to attend practice because they were in distance learning, they will not be penalized for missing practice. All participation is voluntary.
Home Health Checks Required
All attendees including students, spectators, coaches, trainers, managers, and statisticians must complete the Home Health Check and be able to answer "no" to each question prior to coming onto school property or participating in athletics. Temperatures will be taken at the entrance.
Face coverings are required to be worn by all spectators, coaches, trainers, managers, and statisticians attending competitions. If you forget yours, Brownell Talbot will have some extras on hand. Check sport-specific guidelines below for face covering requirements specific to each sport.
In addition to requiring face coverings, Brownell Talbot adheres to the following safety measures:
- Social distance of six feet is encouraged at all times. Any spectator seating offered will be marked to support social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available for frequent use.
- Attendance to competitions will be limited to adhere to capacity restrictions.
- Every player must use their own water bottle. No sharing of water bottles, towels, or personal equipment.
Face coverings are required to be worn by all spectators, coaches, trainers, managers, and statisticians attending the game. If you forget yours, Brownell Talbot will have some extras on hand.
Player and Official Face Coverings
- Participating basketball players and officials have the option to wear masks while they are on the court during play since they are engaged in rigorous physical activity.
- All players must wear masks when they are sitting on the sideline, participating in pregame warm-ups, during timeouts and at halftime, etc.
Coach Face Coverings
- Coaches must wear masks at all times.
- Each player and coach participating in the game may have a maximum of THREE guests from the same household attend the event.
- Visiting guest lists must be submitted to Brownell Talbot and will be used to check in guests at the entrance.
- Admission is $5 for adults and $4 for students.
- Spectators can only be in the gym if they are on the guest list for the game being played.
- Spectators must leave the gym immediately once their game is over.
- Fans should adhere to social distancing of six feet.
- Family groups may sit together with less than the required physical distance, but six feet of distance should exist between groups.
Cheerleaders and pep bands are not allowed at this time.
Locker rooms will not be available for visiting teams. Teams should arrive dressed for play.
- Concessions will not be available at this time.
Pre- and post-contest handshake protocols are prohibited.
All spectators will enter the gymnasium at the double doors near our concession stand. All spectators will exit through the double doors located at our fitness center.