Brownell Talbot's lunch program is provided by Heirloom Fine Foods, the area’s only local and organic focused full-service caterer. Heirloom offers a seasonal menu that includes daily lunch options at a reasonable price.
How the Program Works
- Orders can now be made for each day of the week until 7:00 am each morning (for example, orders shut off at 7:00 am on Monday for Monday’s lunch). A limited quantity of items will be available each day so order early or risk items being sold out.
- Lunches are delivered to school each day from Heirloom’s commercial kitchen on 72nd and Cass Streets. Each lunch is labeled and sorted by the student's name and designated lunch location. School staff deliver orders to classrooms.
- Students eat with their class, advisory, or House, either in their classroom or in another location where social distancing is allowed such as outdoors.
- Menu options are nut-free and include dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegetarian choices. Please note, Heirloom’s kitchen is not a nut-free facility and it does handle other allergens, including but not limited to wheat and dairy.
- Snack add-ons are available for purchase and include items like granola bars, hand fruit, chips, and protein snack packs.
- Beverages are not available for purchase through Heirloom. Students are required to bring their own pre-filled water bottle each day.
Students may also bring their lunch. Because of required health and safety measures and to minimize the amount of post-lunch cleanup that will be needed in classrooms, we have made some adjustments to what can be packed in a lunch.
Packed Lunch Guidelines
- All food items must be self-contained, easy to open without teacher assistance, and nut-free. To keep sticky spills to a minimum, no fruit cups, yogurt tubes, or sugary drinks are allowed.
- To minimize spill risks, please send your child to school with a reusable water bottle pre-filled with their name on it. Filling stations are available throughout campus for easy refills. Water bottles are to be brought home by the student each day for cleaning.
- No refrigerators or microwaves will be available for student use.
Please note, no outside food is permitted to be delivered to campus.
Creating Your Child's Account for Ordering
Below are instructions for how to name your Toast account for your child so it is always delivered to the correct classroom.
1) Log in to your TOAST account. In the upper left hand corner, there will be three lines and "Welcome!" Click this link.
2) Choose "My Account" from the drop down menu.
3) Rename the account with your child's name. The first name will be their first name and last initial. The last name is their teacher's name and grade. For example:
First Name: JamesS
Last Name: Tobey 8th Grade
4) Order food for child #1 and check out.
5) Repeat the process for any additional children.
Heirloom Fine Foods COVID-19 Policies
1) If your child is unexpectedly absent or in school-required distance learning and will not be on campus for lunch, please contact Heirloom directly at 402.378.2784 or email@example.com. Heirloom will deliver the lunch to your home if you live within a 5-mile radius of BT, or you can arrange curbside pickup at their kitchen (325 N. 72nd Street, Suite 200 - 72nd and Cass). Heirloom is also happy to give you a credit to your TOAST account to use for lunches when your child is back on campus.
2) If Brownell Talbot moves to all-campus distance learning and no students are on campus, Heirloom will "push back" the menu until on-campus learning begins again (e.g., the menu for 11/2 will become the menu for 11/16 or the next day on campus). Heirloom is also happy to give you a credit to your TOAST account to use for lunches when your child is back on campus, if you contact them directly at 402.378.2784 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) If there is a snow day and no students are on campus, Heirloom will also "push back" the menu to the following day(s) (e.g., the menu for 11/2 will become the menu for 11/3).