- Article I - Name
- Article II - Mission
- Article III - Mission
- Article IV - Officers
- Article V - Meetings
- Article VI - Executive Board
- Article VII - Board of Directors
- Article VIII - Committees
- Article IX - Fiscal Year
- Article X - Parliamentary Authority
- Article XI - Amendments
Section 1. The name of this Club is the Brownell Talbot Booster Club of Brownell Talbot School.
Section 2. The Club shall be an unincorporated membership and shall operate exclusively as a non-profit organization.
Section 3. The street address of this Club shall be:
c/o Brownell Talbot School
400 North Happy Hollow Boulevard
Omaha, NE 68132
Telephone Number: 402.556.3772
Fax Number: 402.553.2994
The mission of the Brownell Talbot Booster Club is to support, promote, and raise funds for athletics, cheerleading, speech, music, robotics, and theatre; to encourage and recognize scholastic achievement, sportsmanship, and character; to contribute to the morale, spirit, and enthusiasm of the school's students and provide a vehicle for positive involvement from the BT community.
The Club shall consist of paid memberships by Brownell Talbot parents, staff, and friends who display an interest and desire to assist in the support of Brownell Talbot events and activities. The Activities Director of Brownell Talbot and a designee of the Headmaster are considered ex-officio members of the Club.
Section 1. The elected officers of this Club shall be a President, a Vice-President, a Secretary, a Treasurer, and a Past President (Advisor).
Section 2. The officers shall be elected at the Annual Meeting and shall serve for one year or until their successors are elected.
Section 3. Officers shall assume their duties at the close of the Annual Meeting. No officer shall serve more than two successive elected terms in the same office.
Section 4. A vacancy in the office of President shall be filled by the Vice President. The vacancy thus created in the office of Vice President or a vacancy in any other office shall be filled by the Board of Directors at the next regular meeting.
Section 5. Duties of officers.
Officers shall perform the duties provided in this section and other such duties as are prescribed for the office in these bylaws and the adopted parliamentary authority.
The President shall:
- Preside at all meetings of this Club and the Executive Board.
- Appoint all committee chairs subject to the approval of the Executive Board.
- Be an ex-officio member of all committees.
The Vice-President shall:
- Perform such duties as may be requested by the President or the Executive Board.
- Preside at the meetings in the absence of the President.
- Succeed to the office of President for the unexpired term in case of a vacancy in that office.
The Secretary shall:
- Record the minutes of all meetings of the Club and the Executive Committee.
- Conduct the general correspondence of the Club and such other correspondence as shall be requested by the President.
- Be custodian of all records of the Club.
The Treasurer shall:
- Be custodian of all funds and keep an itemized account of all receipts and disbursements, with the school handling the actual deposits and disbursements.
- Prepare a monthly financial report to be presented at each meeting.
- Prepare a complete annual report of the finances of the Club to be presented at the Annual Meeting.
- Be prepared at any time, if called upon, to make a report of monies in the treasury.
- Along with the Executive Board, shall prepare a budget for adoption at the April meeting.
The Advisor shall serve as the Chairperson of the Nominating Committee and to advise the Club as necessary.
Section 6. Nominating Committee
A Nominating Committee of no less than three shall be appointed by the Executive Board on or before January 1st of each year.
The immediate Past President (Advisor) shall serve as Chairperson. If unable to serve, the President, with approval of the Executive Board, shall appoint the chairperson from the membership of the Board of Directors.
Those appointed to serve shall include at least one representative from Middle and Upper School. No name shall be placed in nomination without the consent of the nominee.
The Nominating Committee shall:
- Present from the general membership and/or the Board of Directors, at least one candidate for each office of the Executive Board.
- Present from the general membership, a list of candidates to serve as Directors.
- Present the names of candidates for Officers and Directors at/or before the April meeting, and to the general membership at the Annual Meeting.
Section 1. Regular meetings shall be held at least three times per year, generally monthly, September through May, at the discretion of the Executive Board.
All members of the Booster Club are invited to attend any regular meeting.
Section 2. The monthly meeting in May shall be the Annual Meeting. Business at the Annual Meeting shall include the election of officers by majority vote of the Board of Directors and general membership present.
Section 3. A Special meeting may be called by the President or upon the request of three Directors.
Section 4. Five Directors, one of whom must be an officer of the Club, shall constitute a quorum.
Section 1. The officers of the Club shall constitute the Executive Board.
Section 2. The Executive Board shall supervise the affairs of the Club between its regular meetings.
Section 3. The Executive Board is authorized to spend up to $300.00 without approval of the Directors, between meetings.
Section 4. The Executive Board is authorized, in an emergency, to transact any necessary business between regularly scheduled meetings with the approval of the Headmaster or his/her designee.
Section 5. Any action taken by the Executive Board at their meetings, must be ratified by the Directors at the next regular meeting.
Section 6. The Executive Board shall meet at the call of the President.
Section 1. The affairs of the Club shall be managed by a Board of Directors consisting of at least nine but no more than 25 members, including officers and ex-officio members.
Section 2. Directors shall be elected by the general membership at the Annual Meeting.
Section 3. Each Director shall be elected to serve a term of two years. Should a vacancy occur among the Directors, the vacancy may be filled by the Executive Board with the approval of the Directors.
Section 4. Each Director shall assist with at least one Committee.
Along with the Executive Board and the Nominating Committee, there shall exist other such committees as recommended by the Executive Board with the approval of the Board of Directors including:
- Membership Committee
- Concession Committee
- Merchandise Committee
- Activities Committee
- Student Recognition Committee
These bylaws can be amended at any regular or special meeting by a three-fourths vote of those in attendance, provided that written notice has been given to the general membership at least three weeks prior to the meeting at which it will be considered.
Standing Rules of the Brownell Talbot Booster Club
Regular meetings shall be held at least three times per year.
The time and date of the monthly meetings will be determined by a vote of the Executive Board at the start of each new year.
Officers shall transfer all books, papers, and other Club property to the newly elected officer by August 1st.
The Treasurer is authorized to approve a bill with adequate receipts as included in the adopted budget, without obtaining approval from the Directors.
These standing rules may be amended by a vote of the majority of the Board of Directors of the Club.
Revised November 2010.