A reminder that parents are invited to participate in Weekly Mindfulness Discussion/Practice Sessions on Tuesdays (8:15 am - 8:45 am) and Wednesdays (7:45 am - 8:15 am). The sessions are led by BT parents and representatives of Wisdom House Collaborative.
This week, the Wednesday session will be in Fireside Room. A few things to know:
- Sessions are drop-in, come as you are. Don't worry if you can't make every session - just come when you can.
- You don't need to have any experience with mindfulness to participate.
- We will start and end on time, but you are welcome to come when you can and leave when you need to. No need to rush or worry about leaving early.
- Our format will usually include a brief welcome, group introductions, discussion of mindfulness, a shared poem or book excerpt, followed by a guided mindfulness practice for 5-15 minutes.
- Coffee, tea, and water will be available.
These sessions are part of Brownell Talbot's participation in the Nebraska Mindfulness Project, during which we will be providing opportunities for both adults and students in our community to learn and practice mindfulness tools that foster wellness and self-care.
For more information, please contact guidance counselor Katie Tessin.