Our Values: Mission, Philosophy, & Goals
Brownell-Talbot College Preparatory School is a safe, caring community dedicated to academic excellence and to preparing students for success in college and in life. Through experiences in academics, activities, and the arts, students learn passionately, think critically, act responsibly, and lead with integrity.
Philosophy and Goals
Brownell-Talbot College Preparatory School values integrity, self-discipline, and each person's inherent dignity. Our community challenges each student to endlessly strive to reach his or her potential through exploration, understanding, and development of the creative, intellectual, physical, spiritual, and social self. Through an appreciation of the United States and its role in the global community, students will become responsible leaders and stewards of their community, country, and world.
Brownell-Talbot seeks to
- Foster self-awareness and achievement consistent with each student's abilities, interests, and talents
- Implement a rigorous curriculum that develops critical thinking and decision making and prepares students for success in a rapidly changing world.
- Promote core ethical values as the foundation of good character based on the School's Judeo-Christian tradition.
- Instill in students a selfless desire to serve their community.
- Attract and retain outstanding faculty who are passionate about teaching and learning.
- Establish a School community based on mutual respect and appreciation of differences.