That's what Brownell-Talbot students do.
Brownell-Talbot School is Nebraska's only private, independent, co-educational, college preparatory day school. We are proud to celebrate 148 years of academic excellence and individual achievement. We seek to enroll students in grades preschool through 12 who have the motivation and curiosity to thrive in a challenging learning environment.
Because we are independent, we are able to determine our curriculum (unconstrained by federal mandates) and set the highest standard for educational quality. We are the proud sponsor of the 21st Century Education Lecture series and maintain a blog titled Education Matters.
We are located in the heart of the city, right next to Memorial Park in the Happy Hollow and Dundee neighborhood.
Independent schools like Brownell-Talbot differ from other non-public schools in that we have the following characteristics:
- We are governed by a board of trustees.
- We are fiscally independent.
- We have a stated policy of nondiscrimination in admissions and employment.
- We are recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations.
- We are approved through a recognized accreditation process, such as that provided by the six regional accrediting bodies and certain independent school associations.