Brownell-Talbot seeks to admit academically qualified students
without regard to sex, race, creed, religion, ethnicity, or national origin.
1. Application (download a PDF of the APplication)
All applicants preschool through grade 12 must complete the application form and submit a $50 application fee for each child.
2. School Visits & Entrance Exams
• All applicants grades PS - 12 will be interviewed.
• Kindergarten applicants will be required to complete the kindergarten assessment.
• All applicants grades 1-12 will be required to take an entrance exam. Please contact the admissions office or go to the Web site for dates and times of Brownell-Talbot regularly scheduled exam dates and open houses or contact the School to arrange an individual appointment.
(Grade appropriate recommendation forms will be sent once the application has been received)
• Preschool applicants (recommendation letter is not applicable)
• Applicants for junior Kindergarten (age 4) through grade 1 (download a PDF) — one teacher recommendation required
• Applicants grades 2 through 12 (download a PDF) —one teacher reccomendation required for grades 2 through 4. Grades 5 through 12 - two teacher recommendations required, preferably one from math teacher and one from English teacher.
• Report cards or transcripts for the past two years (where appropriate) must be forwarded to Brownell-Talbot.
• Copies of the applicants most recent educational test scores, i.e. ERB, ISEE, Iowa Test of Basic skills or other official state standardized test must be forwarded to Brownell-Talbot. (International students only - please provide your most recent TOEFL or SLEP test scores.)
5. Financial Aid
If you are interested in applying for financial aid and have not requested information, please let us know. All correspondence is confidential. It is suggested that interested applicants initiate the financial aid process once they have submitted their application to the School.
Current year transfers
Brownell-Talbot welcomes qualified transfer students at all grade levels, provided there is space available.
Please let us know if we can assist you in any way. We look forward to working with you during the admissions process. For more information, please contact the Admissions Office at 402.556.3772.
Brownell-Talbot School is an Equal Opportunity Education Institution/Employer in regard to all otherwise qualified individuals. Any and all differentiations, individualizing, excerpting, and selectivity in all matters relating to the operation and conduct of Brownell-Talbot School are undertaken in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
Our Admissions Process
Admission to Brownell-Talbot School is selective and in demand — it is not uncommon for us to have waitlists for several grades each year.
Through our admission process, we seek students of both promise and proven ability who are enthusiastic and eager to learn. The admissions committee evaluates each application on the basis of previous school records, entrance examinations, teacher recommendations and a personal interview.
Each student applying for admission to grades 1-12 must complete Brownell-Talbot's entrance testing. The testing is standardized and measures three areas of academic development: general aptitude, mathematical skills and verbal skills.
Prospective students and their parents are encouraged to visit the school, tour the campus, meet students and faculty and attend classes. To schedule a visit, please contact the Admissions Office at (402)-556-3772.