The BT Fund
The BT Fund is the name of Brownell Talbot’s annual giving program (formerly the Annual Sustaining Campaign and Parent Pride). This fund is the most important fundraising effort at Brownell Talbot. Making a gift to The BT Fund means supporting students, programs, faculty, and staff enrichment. Brownell Talbot is an independent school and as such, the education of every student is made possible by tuition and philanthropy.
The BT Fund is designed to cover the difference in tuition and the actual cost to educate a student at Brownell Talbot. This “gap” at BT is $3,500 per student.
- Where does my gift to The BT Fund go?
- Who is asked to give to The BT Fund?
- What is the goal?
- Why is 100 percent participation so important?
- What happens when we reach our goal?
- How is the gap calculated?
- Can my gift be anonymous?
- Do all independent schools fundraise?
- Why is The BT Fund so important? What does it fund?
- Why doesn’t Brownell Talbot simply raise tuition to cover the true cost of a BT education?
- How much am I expected to give?
- Is my gift tax-deductible?
- My company offers a matching gift program, can I use it?
- What happened to Parent Pride?
- Why are we asked for contributions in addition to tuition?
It is a vote of confidence in our school, our faculty, and our educational mission. One hundred percent participation is evidence that everyone in our community shares in the effort. High participation in annual giving programs is a benchmark used by foundations and outside funders when deciding which of the many worthwhile schools will receive their financial support.
We celebrate! You may have noticed that when faculty and staff reach 100 percent participation they are awarded with a Friday jeans day. This year, we are excited to announce this same incentive for school grades. For example, when every family in grade 2 has made a gift, no matter the amount, grade 2 students will be awarded with Blue and Gold Fridays. That means students can wear jeans and their favorite Brownell Talbot gear every Friday!
The BT Fund pays for the essentials needed for excellence.
The BT Fund impacts every part of our community—faculty and staff recruitment and retention, academic programming, technology, athletics, activities, visual and performing arts and music, the unique socioeconomic diversity of our community, and more.
If tuition was increased to cover the actual cost of all programs, many families could not afford to send their children to BT. This could result in a drop in enrollment, resulting in a cutback of programs.
Brownell Talbot endeavors to maintain tuition rates that are comparable with peer schools and kept at a level that makes an independent school education possible for a wide scope of families with varying economic circumstances.
Our request is that you make Brownell Talbot your primary philanthropic priority. We ask that you contribute at a level that is personally meaningful and that makes sense for your family, keeping in mind the number of children you have at BT. Gifts range from $20 to $20,000. Every gift is greatly valued and deeply appreciated.
ALL IN FOR BT!
The goal is 100 percent participation from our parents, faculty, staff, and Board of Trustees resulting in $250,000 raised. When every family in a grade has made a gift, no matter the amount, students in that will be awarded with Spirit Day Fridays. That means students can wear jeans and their favorite Brownell Talbot gear every Friday!
Faculty and Staff - 93%
Board of Trustees - coming soon!
BT Families by Grade:
- Preschool - coming soon!
- Junior Kindergarten - coming soon!
- Kindergarten - coming soon!
- First Grade - coming soon!
- Second Grade - coming soon!
- Third Grade - coming soon!
- Fourth Grade - coming soon!
- Fifth Grade - coming soon!
- Sixth Grade - coming soon!
- Seventh Grade - coming soon!
- Eighth Grade - coming soon!
- Ninth Grade - coming soon!
- Tenth Grade - coming soon!
- Eleventh Grade - coming soon!
- Twelfth Grade - coming soon!
GIVING UPDATE AS OF October 19, 2017