Spring Season Academic All-State
Each year the Nebraska School Activities Association and the Nebraska Chiropractic Physicians Association recognize students who excel on the playing field and in the classroom. Eligible students must maintain a 3.7 GPA and be a major contributor on their varsity team. Congratulations to the following Spring Season athletes from Brownell Talbot.
Music – Maya Mathews and Wyatt Smith
Journalism – Lauryn Caster and Victoria Lei
Boys Soccer – Sean O'Connell
Girls Tennis – Ameya Kutty and Jenna Mu
Girls Track & Field – Emma Garfoot and Eliza Rice
Boys Track & Field – Sam Bock and Charley Pugsley
Boys Golf – Brett Graves and Jackson Henery
Lincoln Journal Star Academic All State
Congratulations to the following senior athletes for being named to the Lincoln Journal Star academic all state team. Student athletes who are juniors or seniors can be nominated by their coach or another representative of their high school. Nominees must carry a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or better on a 4.0 scale and be a varsity starter. Among non-starters, one individual who contributes significantly to his or her varsity team could also be nominated.
Boys Golf – Brett Graves
Volleyball – Rachel Hall
Football – Sean O'Connell
Girls Track & Field – Sulagna Sensarma
Boys Track & Field – Connor Skutt
Girls Tennis – Celia Vann
Girls Golf – Tammy Wang
Girls Tennis Update
Good luck to the girls tennis team as they will play in the State Tennis Championships on May 18 in Lincoln, NE.
The girls tennis team played the following matches since the previous Raider Recap.
- BT defeated Roncalli 9-0 on May 2.
- #1 Doubles Rachel Hall and Jenna Mu won 8-5.
- #2 Doubles Anna Kotula and Cecan Porter won 8-2.
- #3 Doubles Aruna Bashir and Jordan Rivard (Concordia) won 8-3.
- #1 Singles Ameya Kutty won 8-4.
- #2 Singles Jenna Mu won 8-3.
- #3 Singles Rachel Hall won 8-1.
- #4 Singles Aruna Bashir won 8-0.
- #5 Singles Anna Kotula won 8-1.
- BT finished in second place at the Bellevue East Invite on May 3. Congrats ladies!
- #1 Singles Ameya Kutty placed second.
- #2 Singles Aruna Bashir placed third.
- #1 Doubles Anna Kotula & Cecan Porter placed first.
- #2 Doubles Rachel Hall & Jenna Mu placed second.
- BT also defeated North 9-0 on May 8. Results were not available for the recap.
State Track Qualifiers
Congrats to the following individuals who qualified for the State Track Meet at Districts in Yutan on May 11.
Eliza Rice - 400-meter dash
Mylie Ketterson - 200-meter dash
Emma Garfoot - 1600-meter run
The event will be held at Omaha Burke High School on May 19 and 20.
Eliza Rice will run in the 400-meter dash preliminary on May 19 at 11:15 am.
- Finals for the 400 occur on May 20 at 12:55 pm.
Mylie Ketterson will run in the 200-meter dash preliminary on May 19 at 1:35 pm.
- Finals for the 200 will be on May 20 at 3:25 pm.
Emma Garfoot will run in the 1600-meter run finals on May 20 at 1:45 pm.
School Track Record Broken
Congrats to Emma Garfoot, Mylie Ketterson, Emalie Wightman, and Eliza Rice for setting a new school track record in the girls 1600-meter relay. The team ran a time of 4:19.5, which broke the previous record from 2005 of 4:20.7.
District Track Results - May 11
Congrats to the following track athletes for medaling at the District track meet on May 11.
- Mylie Ketterson placed second in the 200-meter dash.
- Eliza Rice placed second in the 400-meter dash and fifth in the 800-meter dash, and sixth in the high jump.
- Parker Gottsch placed fifth in the 300-meter hurdles.
- Emma Garfoot placed second in the 1600-meter run.
- The girls 400-meter relay team placed fifth with a time of 55.23. Members included Parker Gottsch, Sulagna Sensarma, Mandie Lisco, and Mylie Ketterson.
- The girls 1600-meter relay team placed fourth with a time of 4:25. Members were Emma Garfoot, Emalie Wightman, Mylie Ketterson, and Eliza Rice.
- The girls 3200-meter relay team placed third with a time of 10:34. Members were Emma Garfoot, Emalie Wightman, Sulagna Sensarma, and Eliza Rice.
- Chris Klinefelter placed sixth in the high jump.
- Sam Bock placed fifth in the 300 hurdles.
- John Vovk placed fifth in the 200-meter dash.
- The boys 1600-meter relay team consisting of John Vovk, Charley Pugsley, Jarrett Proby, and Peter Rice placed sixth with a time of 3:50.
- The boys 3200-meter relay team consisting of John Vovk, Charley Pugsley, Jarrett Proby, and Peter Rice placed fifth with a time of 9:15.
Oakland Craig Track Invite Results - May 4
Congrats to the following track athletes for medaling at the Oakland-Craig track meet on May 4.
- Jarrett Proby placed first in the high jump and sixth in the 200-meter dash.
- Chris Klinefelter placed sixth in the high jump.
- John Vovk placed fifth in the triple jump.
- Sam Bock placed fourth in the 110-meter hurdles and fifth in the 300-meter hurdles.
- The boys 1600-meter relay team placed fourth.
- Mylie Ketterson placed fifth in the 100-meter dash and fourth in the 200-meter dash.
- Eliza Rice placed first in the 400-meter dash and second in the 800-meter run.
- Emma Garfoot placed third in the 1600-meter run.
- The girls 400-meter relay team placed sixth.
- The girls 1600-meter relay team placed second.
- The girls 3200-meter relay team placed second.
Boys Golf Update
The BT boys golf team placed twelfth at the Waverly Invite on May 9 at Crooked Creek golf course.
- Ben Porter – 93
- Alex Wang – 104
- Brett Graves - 111
- Rashaan Yapp - 98
- John McElderry - 114
The boys golf team also participated at the Elkhorn quad on May 4. Scores from that day were:
- Ben Porter - 49
- Alex Wang – 51
- Lukmaan Sattar – 52
- Brett Graves - 52
- Jackson Henery - 51
Co-op Sports Update
- The BT/Concordia/OCA baseball team ended their season this past week losing in the District championship to Gretna 18-8. The team had a regular season record of of 12-7. Ryan Ehresman's final stats were .338 batting average, 22 hits, 12 RBIs, and 14 runs.
- The Roncalli/BT boys soccer team ended their season with a record of 5-12. The soccer team lost to Elkhorn in the opening round of Districts.
- The Concordia/BT girls soccer team ended their season with a record of 8-12. The girls beat South Sioux City in the opening round of Districts by a score of 5-1. The Mustangs lost to Elkhorn in their semifinal match 6-1.